Monday, July 7, 2008

Protesting against price hikes

I am eagerly looking to be at PROTES people's assembly that would be held at the new venue:- Stadium Kelana Jaya. It was initially scheduled to be held at Padang Timur near Amcorp Mall. I believe that the change in venue is due to police intervention. There are two elements that would make this demonstrations stand out. First, apart from the protest against petrol and price hike, Anwar Ibrahim would kick start his nation wide campaign to clear the air with regards to the sodomy allegation against him. Second, for the first time a demo has been endorsed by state government. Selangor MB, Khalid Ibrahim has confirmed his attendance.

As much as I hope that there wold be elements of surprise from the police, I hope they wouldn't combine forces with the military to cordone off the venue. As the saying goes, twenty fours hours is a long time in politics. Comprehending the current political political scenario, I would just keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: